FreeBSD 9.3-RC1 Now Available
The first RC build of the 9.3-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
The image checksums can be found in the PGP-signed announcement email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here:
(or any of the FreeBSD mirror sites).
If you notice problems you can report them through the normal Bugzilla PR system or on the -stable mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "releng/9.3" branch.
Changes between 9.3-BETA3 and 9.3-RC1 include:
- Various bug fixes in the hptrr(4) driver.
- Time zone data has been updated to tzdata2014e.
- Handling of the '-P' flag without '-p' or '-r' has been fixed in the daemon(8) utility.
- A bug in the nvme(4) controller initialization path has been fixed.
- A bug in the fast receive buffer recycle path has been fixed in the cxgbe(4) driver.
Love FreeBSD? Support this and future releases with a donation to the FreeBSD Foundation!