FreeBSD 9.3-BETA3 Now Available
The third BETA build of the 9.3-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
The image checksums can be found in the PGP-signed announcement email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here:
(or any of the FreeBSD mirror sites).
If you notice problems you can report them through the normal GNATS PR system or on the -stable mailing list.
Please note, as the FreeBSD bug tracking system is undergoing maintenance, the PR system may be unavailable. Problem reports submitted this maintenance period are being queued for later processing.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "stable/9" branch.
Changes between 9.3-BETA2 and 9.3-BETA3 include:
- A new ttys(5) flag, onifconsole, has been added, which activates ttyu0 if the device is an active kernel console.
- The NFSv4 server now allows creating a hard link to a symbolic link, as was allowed in NFSv3.
- OpenSSL has been updated to 0.9.8za.
- A deadlock caused by incorrect reference counts has been fixed in the usb(4) driver.
- The arc4random(3) library has been updated to match that in FreeBSD-CURRENT.
- The amount of data collected by hwpmc(4) has been increased to work with modern processors and available RAM.
- A new pmcstat(8) flag, '-l', has been added, which ends event collection after the specified number of seconds.
Love FreeBSD? Support this and future releases with a donation to the FreeBSD Foundation!