The third RC build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
The image checksums follow at the end of this email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: Please be sure to follow the instructions in the following FreeBSD Errata Notices before upgrading the system to 10.0-RC3:
Pre-installed virtual machine images for 10.0-RC3 are also available for amd64 and i386 architectures.
Changes between -RC2 and -RC3 include:
- Several minor bugfixes and functionality enhancements to bhyve.
- Add new sysctl, kern.supported_archs, containing the list of FreeBSD MACHINE_ARCH values whose binaries this kernel can run.
- Add a pkg(8) repository configuration file for cdrom-based package installation.
- Implement a fix to allow bsdconfig(8) to be able to install packages included on the DVD.
- Fix pkg(8) multi-repository support by properly respecting 'enabled' flag.
- Fix Xen build without INET.
- Several bugfixes to bsdinstall(8).
- Fix a ZFS-related panic triggered by an incorrect assertion.
- Fix mountroot> prompt eating most of the characters by not enabling RXRDY interrupts in the attach routine.
- Fix a regression in ng_ksocket(4).
- Apply patch from upstream Heimdal for encoding fix.
Love FreeBSD? Support this and future releases with a donation to the FreeBSD Foundation!