The fourth BETA build of the 10.0-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
This is expected to be the final BETA build of the 10.0-RELEASE cycle.
Checksums for the installation images are available in the announcement email.
If you notice problems you can report them through the PR system or on the -current mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "stable/10" branch.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: Please be sure to follow the instructions in the following FreeBSD Errata Notices before upgrading the system to 10.0-BETA4:
Changes between -BETA3 and -BETA4 include:
- Add preliminary support for RTL8106E, RTL8168G, RTL8168GU, RTL8411B, and RTL8168EP.
- Enable fingerprint checking in pkg(8) for FreeBSD-provided binary packages.
- Remove the WITH_LIBICONV_COMPAT build option.
- Update nvi to 2.1.2.
- Various iconv(3) fixes.
- Fix mergemaster -U by forcing FreeBSD 9 compatiblity in mtree when mtree is nmtree.
- Fix to freebsd-update(8) in generating the list of old files/directories versus new files/directories (FreeBSD-EN-13:05.freebsd-update).
Pre-installed virtual machine images for 10.0-BETA4 are also available for amd64 and i386 architectures.