Tuesday, December 8, 2015
It’s hard to believe the year is almost over. As we reflect on this year’s successes, we are grateful to you for making it possible. It is a privilege to be part of this community, and all of us at the FreeBSD Foundation want to say thank you.
Thank you for your commitment to working on this Project and keeping it vibrant, innovative, and cutting-edge. Thank you for making this community welcoming and inclusive, and thank you for supporting FreeBSD with your donations. Your passion for FreeBSD inspires us to tell the world about FreeBSD, and your support makes that possible!
As 2015 comes to a close, please consider making a gift so we can continue supporting the operating system you love. Why make a donation to help FreeBSD? You are passionate about FreeBSD, and like us, you see many opportunities and possibilities to grow and improve the operating system. You understand that there are goals for FreeBSD that may be difficult for its mostly-volunteer community to tackle alone. You see the need to promote FreeBSD for new users, contributors, and the need to make it more accessible to researchers, educators, end-users, and builders of commercial products.
In addition, your donation will help us:
· Accelerate improvements to FreeBSD and support for new platforms and technologies, like: improving UEFI booting and the vt(4) system console, developing a new autofs-based automount daemon, and porting FreeBSD to the new AArch64 64-bit ARM architecture.
· Provide outreach and advocacy for FreeBSD, which includes sponsoring many BSD and non-BSD conferences, sending FreeBSD contributors to these conferences, supporting work on creating FreeBSD curriculum to be taught in schools and universities, publishing the high-quality FreeBSD focused magazine, The FreeBSD Journal, and providing more informational material.
· Build FreeBSD infrastructure to provide the latest technologies for testing and developing on the FreeBSD platform.
· Facilitate collaboration by providing vendor summits and company visits to bring together the commercial users and the Project, to work together on creating a bigger and healthier ecosystem.
· Provide full-time release engineering support, resulting in on-time and reliable releases.
None of the above is possible without your help. Please make a donation today to ensure that FreeBSD remains the high-performance, secure, and reliable operating system that you count on.
Thank you for your support in helping us make FreeBSD possible!
Posted by Deb at 7:36 AM