FreeBSD 9.3-RC3 Now Available
The third RC build of the 9.3-RELEASE release cycle is now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures.
The image checksums can be found in the PGP-signed announcement email.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here:
(or any of the FreeBSD mirror sites).
If you notice problems you can report them through the normal Bugzilla PR system or on the -stable mailing list.
If you would like to use SVN to do a source based update of an existing system, use the "releng/9.3" branch.
Changes between 9.3-RC2 and 9.3-RC3 include:
- Bug fix for axge(4) range checks and receive loop header parsing.
- Bug fix to exclude loopback addresses rather than loopback interfaces has been fixed.
- Bug fix in uhso(4) to prevent memory use after free() and mtx_destroy().
- Bug fix in bsdinstall(8) where certain conditions could prevent directory creation before use.
- Bug fix for DNS-based load balancing.
- Vendor update to oce(4).
The freebsd-update(8) utility supports binary upgrades of amd64 and i386 systems running earlier FreeBSD releases. Systems running earlier FreeBSD releases can upgrade as follows:
Love FreeBSD? Support this and future releases with a donation to the FreeBSD Foundation!